Getting your house up on the market can be a stressful process. Moving into your newly built TAB Associates home is exciting, but the uncertainty of selling your old property can drive you crazy. Fortunately, you can give yourself an advantage by making sure your home has a ton of curb appeal. Here’s a look at why it matters, and how to catch buyers’ eyes:
What is Curb Appeal?
And how much of a difference can a first impression make?
- Simply put, curb appeal is how attractive your property is from the sidewalk.
- Since most online listings start with a curbside photo, it can make or break your buyer interest.
- Moreover, higher curb appeal can raise your property value significantly.
Curb appeal often comes down to great landscaping:
- Keep your lawn mowed throughout the selling process.
- Plant fresh flowers and water them regularly to keep the property attractive.
- If you don’t want to do the work yourself, hire a landscaper to keep your lawn neat.
These projects are easy to tackle and make a big difference:
- A fresh coat of paint can give your door a new look – make sure to coordinate the color with your home.
- Install window boxes to give the property floral accents.
- Dirty brick? Consider renting a power washer to clean it up.
As a seller, you want buyers enamored with your property from the very first look. Curb appeal gives buyers the first impression you want. Keep these resources on hand so you can make sure you nail it.
Photo Credit: Unsplash
By Emma Croft