Selecting an architectural firm in Vail Valley will impact your life not only during the construction of your dream project but for many additional years to come. Preparing a list of important questions can help you determine which firm will best meet your needs. Since every person is unique, it is important to rank the following questions in order of importance to you and compare the answers you receive accordingly.
Ten Questions to Ask an Architect
- What is unique about your philosophy of design that sets you apart from your competitors?
- Who will be designing my project and will this be the same person I will be communicating with throughout the project?
- What type of timeframe will you need to complete this project? Will your firm be able to prioritize the work or are you highly occupied at this time?
- Do you foresee any particular challenges and if so, are your architects experienced in dealing with similar situations?
- Will you utilize computer animation, drawings or other materials as visual aids while answering any questions I have?
- Will I need to directly communicate with the general contractor who oversees construction of my project?
- Is your firm well versed in sustainable or “green” building designs which will save significant amounts of money and energy?
- What are the estimated costs of your services for this project and how are your fees determined?
- What types of situations typically generate additional expenses?
- What percentage of your projects are completed within the initial budget or estimate you provide?
Choose Your Firm With Care
Regardless of whether you are planning construction for a single family home or a multi-million dollar retreat facility, working with the architectural firm which best meets your needs will significantly affect your overall satisfaction. Give our Vail Valley architects at TAB Associates a call when you are ready to discuss the details of your plan with qualified professionals.